Gluten-free, vegan, and nut-free zucchini muffins.
This recipe took forever to perfect! I must have made about ten different versions before we finally discovered just the right mix. With any allergen-free baked goods, it's hard to get them have the right texture that isn't too hard or that won't fall apart. This is a lovely moist zucchini muffin that everyone in my son's class including all those who didn't have allergies begging for more!
1.5 cups of zucchini, shredded (keep all the juice)
0.75 cups of sugar - my favorite safe brand is Wholesome Brand
0.25 cup of oil - I use sunflower seed oil
1.5 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
0.25 cup of milk substitute - I prefer rice milk
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of baking powder
0.5 tsp of baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups of flour substitute - I made mine with oat flour or I have done this with half oat flour and half gluten-free flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients plus the sugar: zucchini, oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and milk substitute.
3. Separately, mix the dry ingredients: the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour substitute.
4. Combine and mix until well blended.
5. Distribute into a cupcake pan or cupcake liners. This usually makes enough for 42 mini muffins or 1 dozen regular muffins.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Please attribute all recipes to ManagingFoodAllergies.Com.