Allergy-Free Mashed Potatoes With Bacon
Top 8 Allergen-Safe Rice Milk Mashed Potatoes Recipe...with Bacon!
With this recipe, you'll forget you even have food allergies. From what our family members have expressed, it tastes just as good as the real thing!
6 potatoes with the skin on
1 pack of gluten-free bacon (~8 slices. We like to use Applegate brand)
0.5 cup of Earth's Balance organic buttery spread
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 medium red onion
2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
1 cup rice milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cube the potatoes. Boil until soft, ~30 minutes. The skin will naturally boil off. Drain.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet (while the potatoes are boiling) to desired crispiness. Set aside on paper towel to absorb excess oil. If on the crisper side, crumble after letting them cool. If less crisp, cut into small pieces.
3. Cook onions and garlic on the stovetop using the same skillet. Mix in the rosemary after onions are tender and cook briefly, 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the Earth's Balance buttery spread to the potatoes. Let the buttery spread melt. Then mash the potatoes.
5. Add all ingredients (the cooked bacon, onion/garlic/rosemary mixture, and the rice milk) to the vat. Mix until evenly distributed. Add salt and pepper to taste.