No Butter Needed Vegan Thanksgiving Turkey
Top 8 Allergen Free Holiday Turkey recipe
One 15-lb whole turkey (remove neck and giblets)
2 tablespoons of each of the following spices: dried rosemary, dried parsley, dried sage, dried thyme
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of lemon pepper
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 apple, chopped
1 can of chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the spices (rosemary, parsley, sage, thyme, salt, and lemon pepper) in a bowl. Rub mixture into body cavity of turkey.
3. Stuff turkey with celery, onion, carrots, and apples.
4. Place turkey into a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil (ensure that the foil is long enough to be used to wrap over the whole turkey).
5. Pour chicken broth all over the turkey.
6. Cover with the foil, making sure to allow some room between the foil and the skin of the turkey.
7. Bake for 2.5-3 hours until the juices run clear.
8. Uncover turkey. Continue to bake another hour, until skin turns to a golden brown.
9. When instant read thermometer (in thick part of thigh) reads 180 degrees, remove turkey and allow to cool slightly. Serve when warm.